Where people live affects growth. We help the world build great places to live. Our aim is to provide an end-to-end platform for builders of new cities in order to help those communities grow rapidly and run efficiently, responsively and free of corruption — to create places where people want to live, work and play. We use software and data analytics to reduce inefficiencies, improve reliability and increase accountability in community services, which means managing a variety of data that is important to our customers, their clients, and our business. We are committed to providing transparency about what we collect, how it is used, and what we do to keep sensitive information safe.
- DoubleGDP is delivered as Software as a Service (SaaS), like modern systems such as Salesforce and Workday. SaaS systems are managed by the vendor and multi-tenant, making them much less expensive to improve and maintain than self-hosted services.
- We allow customers to synchronize, export, and delete the data associated with their community, except when restricted by legal obligations or user expectations. Examples of legal obligations may include discovery of evidence that prevents deletion or compliance with applicable privacy laws. Examples of user expectations may be to ensure that the results of anonymous surveys stay anonymous and that complaints are visible only to the extent required to address them.
- Customers retain ownership of the data they house in the DoubleGDP platform, such as client or resident lists. They grant us a non-exclusive right to use it to make the site function, with the understanding that we may not sell or use individual’s data for marketing or other purposes.
- Part of our mission is to help cities learn from one another, and to this end we do expect the ability to generate and share aggregated usage statistics from customer data.
- We also recognize that certain rights must be retained by clients and residents of our customers. For example, the community retains copyrights to posts or communications made through the platform; but like other social media platforms, DoubleGDP may distribute it and allow others to redistribute it as well.
We will regularly review and evaluate our approach to managing this information as the number of users and use cases grow, and needs for detail and specificity increase.